Mysterious thing, Time. Powerful, and when meddled with, dangerous.
(J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Prizoner of Azkaban)
Have you ever feel that some people are very productive in their life? They can complete their work faster and with higher quality than us. But, all of us got the same amount of time in our life. All of us only got 24 hours per day to be used to do all the task that we need to complete in our life. So, this means that we are not that good in managing and utilizing that 24 hours per day that we got.
Therefore, I want to share with all of you my tips on how to manage our time that is given for us each day so that we can also be a productive person and gain more achievement in our life.
- Take some time everyday to plan your day. You can take the first 30 minutes of your day to plan your day. Make to-do list first so that you can see everything that need to be done on that particular day.
- Arrange the tasks from the most important to the least important. Based on that list that you make, you should complete the most important tasks first, then only you move on to the other tasks.
- Focus when completing the tasks. You should be focus when completing the tasks, and in order to do so, you should put away your phone, and switch off the TV. Basically put away everything that can distract you when you are completing your tasks. By doing this, you can be more focus, thus you can complete your tasks faster. As a result, you will be more productive everyday.
- Get enough sleep. This is very important because having enough sleep can make you to be more energetic during the day when completing your tasks.
- Have buffer-time between tasks. You should take some break before completing the next tasks. Relax your mind and brain first. You can also take some power nap during this time (around 10 minutes). Take a walk is also an alternatives.
- Organize your things. You should have some kind of organizing systems (ex: all your letters, documents, stationary, and etc) so that it will be easier for you to search for that when you need it. It will save you some time that usually you wasted it by using it to search for your stuff.
- Make a clock visible to you. NOT YOUR HANDPHONE. This is because, if you look at your phones’ clock, you will unconsciously, without realizing it you will open a Youtube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and etc. So, make a clock visible to you, just for you to keep track of the time.
- Schedule interruption time in your planner. For example, while doing your tasks, suddenly its raining outside, so you need to pick up your laundry first. So, this kind of interruption need to be schedule also in your planner so that if any kind of interruption happen, it will not affect the time that you have to complete your tasks.
- Set a time limit to complete each tasks. Just like in exam, you should set a time limit for each tasks. This is to avoid from taking too much time in order to complete each tasks and boost up productivity.
- Exercise regularly and eat healthy. This will boost up your energy levels, clear up your mind, reduce stress, and allow you to have more focus on your tasks.
- Fully utilize your time. Use all the time that you have in a day to do the small task that you need to do. For example is while waiting for a subway, bus, or while waiting for the lecturer to get into the class.
- Batch related tasks together. You should batch all the tasks that you have to do into their category. Then you do it in accordance of their category. This will make you be more efficient because your mind is on that task during that particular time. So you can complete your tasks faster.
So, these are my tips on how to manage your time so that you will be more effective and efficient in completing all your tasks. However, I just wish to tell you the most important aspect that you should have in following these tips, which is DISCIPLINE. Without discipline, you will go nowhere in your life.
Also, feel free to comment down below on how you manage your time everyday. Lets learn from each other. (^_^)